28 May 2019
Assistant Accountant - CA Firm - FILLED
This role will provide support to the Manager in the day-to-day accounting function of the business. This role also provides complete and accurate reporting for, and management of, all areas of the accounting and finance departments.
Core objectives include:
• Lead the preparation of reporting required by the business
• Prepare financial and management statements
• Prepare Taxation, GST, FBT & PAYE returns
• Provide reporting, financial and value adding analytical support to the business
• Fulfil other duties as reqiured by management and other department personnel as requested/required.
• Professional approach
• Ability to work under pressure
• Organistaional and time management skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Analytical thinking
• Business awareness
• Strategic thinking
• Positive approach to change
Do you have experience in a similar role and have specific knowledge of NZ tax law?
Skills & competencies
• Customer service focused: committed to providing exceptional customer service across all channels – written, phone and face to face.
• Communication: the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, varying communication style depending upon the audience.
• Attention to detail: excellent attention to detail and written skills when communicating with others, both internally and externally.
• Commerciality: ability to apply knowledge in a practical, commercial manner.
• Teamwork: willingness to assist and support others as required and get on with team members.
• Time management/organisation: accomplish objectives effectively within time frame given, and carry out administrative duties within portfolio in an efficient and timely manner.
• Proficient in all functionality of MYOB, CCH iFirm, XERO • Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite