Shipping Agent - FILLED
- Mt Maunganui offices
- Port and water views
- Further career development in shipping
Our client are a dedicated team of experts that provide a tailored service for their shipping clients. They are looking for a sharp minded, confident Shipping Agent to assist their current team with vessel operations.
This position works in a small office and is responsible for creating, providing and maintaining shipping documentation, provision of reports, creating vessel schedules and liaising with key stakeholders. The nature of this changeable industry will mean you thrive on pressure, deadlines and enjoy something different every day.
Key Skills and Experience required for this role:
- Strong administration and documentation experience
- Proven ability working in a demanding environment
- Resourceful, self-managing and forward thinking
- Well developed communication skills with the ability to build relationships with
a wide range of people
- Previous experience in a role requiring strong attention to detail
- Customer centric and service orientated
- Proficient in using MS Office suite
- Shipping experience an advantage but not a pre-requisite
Outline of Responsibilities:
- Ensure vessels meet all documentation requirements
- Create vessel schedules and communicate movements to all parties
- Liaise with sub-agents regarding progress and any issues
- Provide effective solutions to challenges and obstacles
- Attend vessels on arrival, during operation and prior to departure
- Prepare and send arrival, progress and departure reports
- Organise documentation for signing
- Assist with any damage reports/breakdowns and arrange for repairs
- Communicate with Pilots, Customs and Fumigators for departure
- Submit documents to authorities
- Follow departure checklist (manifests, final figures, stowplan, Bs/L etc)
If you’ve always wanted the chance to get into the shipping industry, then this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for. You will need to be that person who checks everything, dots all your I’s and crosses all your T’s, detail and accuracy is everything in this role! Flexibility to work some weekends is an absolute must.
Please only apply if you have NZ residency. To be considered please forward your CV to or phone Natalie Brant @ The Staffroom (07) 925-0668 to discuss further. A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant.