- Great Location – Based just 10 minutes out of Gisborne City Centre
- Working within the Transport Industry
- Excellent Remuneration package
Due to the recent acquisition of 3 companies, we are currently seeking an Experienced Company Accountant to join our clients growing business to help drive success and growth. This role is an integral part of the organisation and will require taking charge of financial functions, reporting to the Group General Manager and Financial Controller. You will lead a small, existing team through the amalgamation of the businesses and standardising the processes across the board.
This is a unique and challenging position with the opportunity to be innovative and make the role your own!
- Manage and develop controls to ensure the accurate and timely provision of information.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely provision of financial and corporate reporting and the preparation of annual statutory accounts for the group.
- Manage, motivate and drive performance of the Finance & Administration team to ensure all responsibilities of the department are met.
- Support the General Manager and Financial Controller, assisting in business processes to ensure the smooth operation of the Finance & Administration department.
- Prepare and reconcile profit and loss accounts, balance sheet and cashflow statements for all Transport entities.
- Consolidate subsidiary profit and loss accounts to create group results.
- Manage and drive output from the accounting functions to ensure that deadlines and timetables are met, including:
- All aspects relating to the preparation of the monthly management accounts.
- Prepare a detailed analysis of the management accounts identifying key variances from budget for inclusion in the monthly Finance Report.
- In conjunction with the GM prepare weekly reforecasts for the month ahead
- Prepare weekly detailed cash flow forecasts
- Drive continuous improvement in the areas of management reporting.
- Manage annual audit process with external auditors.
- Prepare annual statutory financial accounts fully compliant with IFRS.
- Produce and maintain financial policies and procedures of the Finance & Administration accounting function.
- Work with Payroll to ensure accurate allocation of payroll activity data and costs.
- Manage the Accounts Receivable process to ensure that all overdue debt collection procedures are followed.
- Manage the Accounts Payable process to ensure that all supplier agreements are conformed with and that all payments are made within Company terms.
- Responsible for accounting systems including Xero accounting software, online banking and Approval Plus purchasing software.
- Preparation and filing of all statutory returns.
- Assist with administration and management of insurance claims.
- Undertake ad-hoc project work as required.
You will have a relevant tertiary qualification and possibly be CA qualified. It is preferred that you have previous Company Accounting experience, be system and process orientated and IT savvy. Be prepared to roll up your sleeves to manage a busy day whilst offering high levels of accuracy.
If you enjoy a hands-on accounting role, adding value and having ownership of your role then apply immediately. An attractive salary which reflects this company’s view on valuing their people will be offered to the successful candidate.
To be considered for this role, please email your cv – or contact Natalie for a confidential chat on 021 712495.
Only applicants with New Zealand Residency will be considered.