We are currently seeking an experienced Payroll Officer to join our clients thriving fabrication business based in the Mount. This is a full time opportunity, initially a temp with a view to go permanent for the right candidate.
Reporting to the Company Director, the role is primarily responsible for the processing of payroll on a weekly basis and the processing and payment of creditors across our group of companies You will also be responsible for general administration duties.
- Attention for detail with a strong initiative is essential for this role
- A driven personality and an aptness for forward thinking
- Highly motivated with a positive, ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to relate well with and develop relationships including support and cover within the team
- Effective communicator, who has the right approach when engaging with others
- Carry out duties in accordance with safe working practices within statutory and Company guidelines.
Skills, Abilities and Competencies…
- Previous payroll experience including familiarity with the holidays pay act and filing of all returns with IRD
- Adhere to, and assist Supervisors/Managers to ensure payroll submissions are compliant
- Cash management; debtor and creditor processing
- Receipting and banking of funds received, bank reconciliations
- Working knowledge of IMS payroll will be an advantage
- New Zealand resident
In addition to a competitive remuneration package, this is an exciting time to join the business during it’s period of growth and a role to embrace and make your own with the opportunity to progress your knowledge.
Being based in Mount Maunganui it is preferred that applicants reside in or around this area.
Please apply with a covering letter, desired salary expectations and cv to
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you.