– Mt Maunganui offices
– Port and water views
– Opportunity to enter shipping industry
Our client is a dedicated team of experts that provide a tailored service for their shipping clients. They are looking for a support person who can use their initiative to support their Shipping Agents by providing a wide variety of administration for vessel operations throughout all NZ ports.
This position works in a small office and is responsible for: creating and maintaining shipping documentation, provision of reports, managing vessel files and checklists, stow plan administration, ongoing liaison with Overseas Principals, Authorities, Marshallers and Stevedores, email management and assistance with accounts. Additional ad-hoc tasks will also be part of this changeable industry.
The nature of this industry will mean you thrive on pressure, deadlines and enjoy something different every day.
Key Skills and Experience required for this role:
– Strong administration and documentation experience
– Proven ability working in a deadline driven environment
– Resourceful, initiative and forward thinking
– Clear communication skills and the ability to build relationships with a wide range of people
– Previous experience in a role requiring strong attention to detail
– Service driven and support orientated
– Proficient in using MS Office suite (previous IT problem solving skills ideal)
– Shipping experience an advantage but not a pre-requisite
– Basic accounts experience
If you’ve always wanted the opportunity to work within the shipping industry, then this could be your chance. You will be someone who is very thorough in your work and particular about detail by checking everything that comes across your desk. Flexibility to work after 5pm a couple of times a month is important.
Please note this is not a senior role, only apply if you have NZ residency, we are not accepting candidates with Visa’s. Click on the link below and submit your cv or phone Jill Cachemaille @ The Staffroom (07) 572 1100 to discuss further. A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant.