Our Client – The Drug Detection Agency (TDDA) is the largest provider of workplace drug testing services in New Zealand.
This is an opportunity to join a successful organisation with a strong reputation of creating drug free environments for businesses. Creating positive change in people’s lives and making a difference are high on the agenda for TDDA. This role will require a responsible individual to take full ownership and effectively manage a busy workload that can change in an instant.
We are seeking a Testing Technician to effectively manage the collection of samples that detects the presence of illicit and prescription drugs. No formal qualifications are required from applicants as full training and assessment in required NZ standards will be completed before the commencement of work.
- Drug and alcohol screening in accordance with AS/NZS 4308: 2008, AS/NZS 4760 2019 and other accepted international standards
- Promote a range of services offered by TDDA
- Attend work sites and various locations for testing purposes
- Develop new business opportunities within the market
- Maintenance and cleaning of testing vehicles
- Clean office areas and toilet on a regular basis
- Data entry of statistical data
- Phone enquiries and booking management system
Key Skills & Attributes required:
– High integrity, honesty and reliability
– Strong work ethic, hard-working and committed
– Professional, diplomacy and effective communication skills
– Intuition and confidence
– Established telephone skills
– Previous experience in administration role
– High standard of personal presentation
– Proficient and savvy with various computer packages and office technology
– Full and clean Drivers Licence (to drive a manual van)
You must be flexible to attend a three day in-house course. Standard business hours exist however the nature of this role, will at times require you to start early and/or sometimes work late depending on testing requirements. Additionally, there will be a roster for on-call work, 3 weekly.
Is your DNA aligned with TDDA – Taking Ownership, No Short Cuts, Straight Up – Straight Forward? If you like the sound of making a difference and you want to work for a company that cares, then click on the link to apply, early applications are recommended. Call Jill @ The Staffroom to discuss further (07) 572-1100. Please only apply if you obtain NZ residency, we are not considering Visa applications.