NZ Certified Builders Association – a progressive organisation that delivers a wide range of value-add services to its builder members across New Zealand, are seeking a Technical and Education Manager with sound experience in the building industry to be a key member of the Management team. We are in search of a building practitioner that can share their technical building knowledge and successfully manage the member acquisition and home owner enquiry functions.
- Manage and deliver technical support activities including setting the direction and ongoing review of this function
- Lead the successful planning, execution and delivery of education to all members through a variety of channels
- Oversee member enquiries ensuring key outcomes are reached and managed appropriately
- Ensure and develop new member acquisition and lead generation targets are met along with supervising the application and processing activities
- Ongoing liaison with the Chief Executive and Key Stakeholders to jointly manage and participate in the wider events of the building and construction sector representing the Association and its Members
- Contribute to the NZCB Management Team through strategic planning and execution of the annual management plan
- Management and supervision of staff with 5 direct reports
Your Skills & Experience:
- Extensive experience in the building industry including a developed understanding of the operational structures of SME residential builders
- Some understanding of the regulatory frameworks within the building sector
- Knowledge of contractual law that applies to the building industry (an advantage)
- Existing people management skills and a strong focus towards customers/members
- Experience working within a busy workload and ability to demonstrate high organisation and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work at strategic and operational levels
- A team player that adds value
- Previous experience working to targets
- General understanding of MS Office Suite (Word Excel Powerpoint) and CRM systems
The scope of this role is broad and your combination skill set will be well utilised in this rewarding and challenging role. We are looking for a building enthusiast who will be passionate about educating others and be able to confidently share information.
An inclusive culture that is collaborative and team focussed will be your new environment situated on the city fringe in modern upmarket offices. An attractive salary package with benefits will be offered to the successful candidate. Relocation applicants will receive assisted moving costs.
How to Apply:
To register your interest in this exciting role with one of Tauranga’s reputable organisations, click the link to email your cv and cover letter. Early applications are recommended. Call Jill @ The Staffroom Ltd (021) 2688-515 if you need to discuss further. Only NZ residents will be considered.