We are currently seeking applications for an experienced Industrial Shift Fitter to join our clients team based in Kawerau – This position is vital in assisting the mill to run seamlessly.
Duties and Activies:
- Mechanical maintenance and troubleshooting
- Breakdown Response
- Preventative and Reactive Maintenance
- Fault finding and troubleshooting
Skills, Knowledge and Ability:
- Qualified in one of the following (Maintenance & Diagnostic, Fitting & Turning) with at least 2 to 3 years New Zealand work experience.
- Experience in a fast moving manufacturing environment, timber milling a bonus.
- Excellent communication skills both oral & written.
- Strong mechanical knowledge required.
- Be able to weld & gas cut
- Experience with bearing fits, installation & removal
- Experience working on pneumatic systems & components
- Experience working on hydraulic systems & components
- Experience working within a Permit to Work system
This is a full time permanent vacancy so only applicants with New Zealand residency / citizenship will be considered. To be considered, please email your CV to or for a confidential chat, call 07 9250668